Pizza Dough Recipe:
- Mix equal parts (by weight) water and flour with about a TBS of yeast.
- Loosely cover and let it sit over night, or about 8-12 hours.
- Mix in another TBS of yeast, a few TBS to ½ cup (for about 5# of dough) of olive oil, salt and another
- 1 part flour.
- Mix everything together and knead until it forms a rough but cohesive dough.
- Let it sit, covered, until it doubles in size. Do this step in the fridge to slow the process and let the
- flavors develop.
- Knead the dough on a floured counter until smooth.
- Portion into desired amounts and let it sit again- it should just about double again.
- Press or roll out into flat, pizza-shaped circles and top with various pizza-like ingredients.
- Bake hot and fast.
- Pour a beer.
- Eat the pizza.
- Repeat if necessary.
Tomato Sauce Recipe:
- Olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp each:
- chile flakes, oregano, sage, cumin, salt, pepper, anise, granulated garlic
- bay leaf
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 2 TBS balsamic vinegar
- 2 cans of chopped tomatoes
- Heat the olive oil and throw in the onion, spices and garlic. Cook until soft and brown.
- Add the vinegar and reduce.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for a couple of hours.
- Blend and season to taste.
Chef J preaching pizza.
Dough balls ready to roll.
Assorted toppings & cheese.
Seasoned Sirloin that was grilled up for the Philly Cheese Steak Pizza.
Everyone got to roll out their own dough ball.
Thanks to all who attended the Pizza Class. It was the messiest and most fun class to date.