- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 heaping fork full of minced garlic
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into slices
Tzatziki Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 cups greek yogurt
- 2 medium cucumbers, seeded and diced
- 4 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 fork full of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of dried dill
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 6 pitas
- 2 Roma tomatoes thinly wedged
- 4 cups of shredded lettuce
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Combine all the tzatziki sauce ingredients in a food processor and blend until nearly smooth. Place mixture in bowl, cover and let it rest for 2 + hours. It will taste much better after resting than when initially mixed.
- Combine red wine vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, pepper, olive oil, salt and garlic to bowl and mix thoroughly. Add chicken and zucchini to a large resealable bag and pour in the marinade. Seal the bag and toss tumble until the chicken and zucchini are well covered. Let the chicken rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. While the grill is preheating, load the kabobs by alternating chicken then zucchini. I try to start and end each kabob with a piece of chicken. It crisps up nicely and takes the heat better than the zucchini.
- Place kabobs on grill until the chicken is done, turning once. This will take about 10 minutes.
- While the kabobs are cooking prepare the toppings and preheat a skillet to heat the pitas up with.
- Heat the pitas up on a the hot skillet flipping once. Top hot pitas with chicken, zucchini and toppings.
I hope enjoy this meal as much as I did!