- 3 Jalapenos
- 3 Shrimp (21-25 count)
- 1 Teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 3 Hungarian Wax peppers
- 3 Spicy buffalo wings (I used leftover wings)
- 1 Tablespoon wing sauce
- 1/4 lb Queso Fresco
- 12 strips of thin cut bacon
- 12 Toothpicks
There are two many peppers in the picture. You only need 3 of each for this recipe.
1. Pre-heat grill to medium heat.
2. Cut Jalapenos and Hungarian Wax peppers in half. Remove the seeds and pith.
3. Remove shells from shrimp, devien them, finely chop and toss with Old Bay seasoning
4. Remove meat from wings, finely chop and toss with wing sauce.
5. Fill Jalapenos with shrimp and fill the Hungarian peppers with wing meat.
6. Top each pepper with a slice of Queso Fresco. I prefer to use Queso Fresco over cream cheese because it has a pretty high melting temperature for cheese. This helps get the bacon nice and crispy without having your cheese melt out of your poppers.
7. Starting at the small end of the peppers wrap a slice of bacon around the pepper overlapping itself to keep if from falling off. You want to wrap the bacon around the peppers fairly tightly. When you get the final wrap on pin it in place with a toothpick.
8. Place the peppers cheese side down on the grill for about three minutes or until the bacon is crispy. Flip the peppers and continue grilling for another 3 minutes.
9. Remove the finished peppers from the grill and let rest for a few minutes. The cheese will be VERY hot when they first come off the grill.
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think of the wing meat stuffed peppers. I have made them a few times and really enjoy them.
Note: These were cooked on a TEC grill. Because TEC’s have glass directly under the cooking grids they are not as prone to flare up as regular grill. I had zero flare ups allowing me to perfectly cook the bacon. If flare up is a problem for you, just put a sheet of tinfoil under the poppers. They will taste just as good, but won’t have the sexy grill marks.